Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
Hot Virtual Keyboard is a program that basically improves on windows own on-screen keyboard,but it isn't an anti-malware program.
When it was recommended for you to install it,what were some of the reasons given for doing so?
I'm not familiar with hot virtual keyboard,but if it was recommended to help prevent anyone seeing what is being typed on your keyboard,then this article about using on-screen keyboards in general might be helpful.
http://ask-leo.com/will_using_an_on_...d_hackers.html
This is what the person recommending Hot Virtual Keyboard wrote:

"Keylogger is a software that performs the action of tracking (or logging) the keys struck on a keyboard, typically in a covert manner so that the person using the keyboard is unaware that their actions are being monitored.

Keylogger applications capture a user's sensitive information. User accounts and banking information have the most appeal to the cyber-criminal. They can discover your address, telephone number and more. Logging of keystrokes is usually ONLY ONE feature of this type of surveillance software. Some keyloggers have the ability to record VoIP (Voice over Internet) telephone calls, take pictures of the computer screen and even control the Webcam.".

Your link to the article on keylogger is very interesting and informative. Thanks. I think I'm going to uninstall Hot Virtual Keyboard.