Thread: Can bootable CD work without WAIK installed?

Default Can bootable CD work without WAIK installed?

My galfriend's computer picked up malware recently and I'm trying to eradicate it, but I am not a computer geek. Anyway, regular Spybot wouldn't remove it so I tried the newest beta version. That didn't work either but, thru it, I learned about the bootable CD used in conjunction with Windows AIK. I constructed the WAIK DVD using ImgBurn, and it installed smoothly in another computer. But, when I attempted to install the WAIK in the infected computer (in "Safe Mode"), I got a notice that this type of install was against policies set by the administrator, or something to that effect. So I'm stuck! Based on the above, I assume that the WAIK must be installed prior to getting infected and, if not, the SpyBot bootable CD can be of no help. Is this correct, or is there a work-around for my delimna? TIA

Default Can bootable CD work without WAIK installed?

Is the SpyBot bootable CD a standalone product, or must it be used in conjunction with the WAIK?

Never mind, I used the SpyBot bootable CD creator and observed that it integrated the WAIK into the bootable CD.

Default Bootable CD updater does not function

I used the SpyBot bootable CD creator and made the bootable CD, and installed the WAIK. However, when I run the CD the Update function fails to operate, and SpyBot fails to find any malware which is obviously present. Is there a fix for the updater or was it purposely rendered inoperative so we must buy the bootable CD from SpyBot. (Not trying to be rude, just trying to avoid wasting more time, if that is what I am doing.)