Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible Malware Infection

Emeritus-Security Expert

Try doing a System Restore prior to using OTL to remove all the tools

Open System Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Then chose a restore point prior to this problem
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

I just got your last response but before that I had been searching for a solution. I could get internet access using safe mode with networking, but I still couldn't get on the web in normal mode. However, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WLAN card driver, and since then I have been able to go on the web. However, Symantec wants to update but it still says the same thing as before (traffic is blocked from it), so it can't update. I ran connection diagnostics on my WLAN card and the "Internet IP Ping" test failed. The description read, "The wireless router/AP for your network is working, but your computer is not able to use an IP address to connect to the Internet. You will not be able to connect to the Internet, although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless router/AP installer for assistance." I am sort of nervous about using system restore because things seem to be working kind of ok right now and I don't want to screw anything up... What are your thoughts on the failed ping test?

Emeritus-Security Expert

Good Morning Alex,,

Glad your making some progress, why dont you post in our sister site for networking, there more in tune with issues like this. I am really not sure what using OTL for the final clean up as done, been using this tool on over a 1000 threads with other users and never came across this before. All this tool does is remove the tools and there back ups that we may have used cleaning your system.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=128

You can link them to this thread if you wish so they can see what we have done, I will keep this thread open for you so post back and let me know if they helped you.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Alright sounds good. Thank you SO much for your help! I really appreciate it!

Emeritus-Security Expert

Good luck

Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue