Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metro UI?

i dont use AVIRA too,atleast not as my AV (i use KIS 2012) but i like the plain and simple style of AVIRA (same style is used in Vodafon Mobile Connect Software) and i think it would look good in Spybot too.

it might have a simplistic user interface but in spybots case it might not be the best as spybot has many setting/features and that would end up with the user scrolling down for a long period of time to find what they are looking for but the look would benefit spybot if it could be done correctly.
    For the fastest, safest browsing experience get Google Chrome

A Metro UI would definitely make me never use SBS&D ever again.

Metro UI on Windows 8 is the main reason I would never buy it, regardless of other 'improvements'.

lol yea i m testing win 8 now for a while and the metro design is trully not a big plus and the on going changing from metro to default dont make it better

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    lol yea i m testing win 8 now for a while and the metro design is trully not a big plus and the on going changing from metro to default dont make it better
    as windows 8 metro is the new it would be good for them to start making changes to have support for it.

Esteemed Member

New does not mean better.

Metro is OK for touch screen devices, nor otherwise.

maybe spybot should atleast have a app for the metro-screen which shows status of the spybot services and so. i guess if u perform a scan or so, it will have to change to non-metro at all, but an app would ne nice

Quote Originally Posted by bbnetwork View Post
    maybe spybot should atleast have a app for the metro-screen which shows status of the spybot services and so. i guess if u perform a scan or so, it will have to change to non-metro at all, but an app would ne nice
    yes that is exactly what i was thinking it would be rather simple to do just show the status on what the non metro is doing and maybe have a few simple things it could do. this of course could be expanded on if users like.

Default Windows 8 final goes public Oct. 26, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    We have not decided on this yet, so the answer is maybe.
    that would be nice for Windows 8 users for Spybot 2.0 to have Metro UI.

btw, Windows 8 will be finalized (aka. reach "RTM") in early August and general availability of Win8 final will occur October 26, 2012 as I read here.

perhaps when Windows 8 is released to the public this late October (let's remember that Windows 7 was released to the public in late October 2009), Spybot 2.0 will be finalized by then, hopefully