Thread: 1.6.2 Immunize lockup

Question 1.6.2 Immunize lockup

I have had 1.6.2 since it came out and not had any issues with it , until now , for some reason it will not let me immunize , it will do the first , and when you do it again , to get all the items , it gets to the same exact point and locks up , if i hit Control/Alt/Delete , it says 100% CPU usage , and i have to end program , i dont know what has changed , this just started this week , i am running (and have had for a while) IE7(no add-ons) Firefox 9.0.1 , and Google Chrome , i use Firefox as the Default Browser

I dont know if this matters , but the "Check Again" button has never done anything , it just runs thru the progress bar , but never drops the count

The lockup i am having occurs at around 16518 for un-protected (this is as it is trying to immunize when it locks up) the little animated wall , still builds , just the numbers never move once it gets to that point and i can sit there for 5 minutes , it wont let me do anything else , so i finally have to Cont/Alt/Del to stop Spybot from running

Any help would be appreciated !! , thanks , Jim !!
    Last edited by JimDirt; 2012-01-25 at 23:50.

Hello,

Did you close the browser while immunizing?
    Do you run any other security software?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Yes browser was closed (it gives a warning box if browser is open) , the only other software i run (and have been running for as long as i have used Spybot) is , Avast Anti-Virus and Super Anti-Spyware , that is it !

Like i mentioned , this just recently started , i made no changes to my system nor added any new programs , it was working one day , and then the next time i tried to update , it froze on the update (i usually use Safer Networking Europe as the server as it has always seemed to be the fastest and usually never gave any "Bad Check Sum" errors , this time it did , so i re-opened Spybot , and tried to download updates again (from the same server) it worked that time , then i went to immunize and it froze at the number mentioned , so after Cont/Alt/Del , i was finally able to close the program , i re-opened it , and tried immunizing again and the same exact thing at the same exact number , (it checks it once but does not clear all the numbers so you have to immunize again , i dont know why it does this , but it has done it since i first used Spybot , and that is when it freezes/locks up and uses 100% CPU)

Again , everything was working great , now it just locks up when immunizing ! , i have done virus scans and used Super Anti-Spyware and ran scans and neither came up with anything
    Last edited by JimDirt; 2012-01-26 at 18:01.

Hello,

Perhaps Avast Anti-Virus or Super Anti-Spyware did make any updates in their software.
    Have you tried to disable them during the immunization to see if there is any compatibility issue?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I tried that , same thing , it always stops at 16518 on the 2nd Immunize (to clear all the unprotected items that dont clear on the 1st immunize) and the only way to do anything is to Control/Alt/Del and it shows 100% CPU usage until i end program , so the issue seems to be within the program itself as far as i can tell , as nothing else has changed on my system

Default hangs during immunization

Hi - I am having the exact problem described above. Spybot hangs during immunization when it gets to the IE section. (The Firefox section goes fine.) I have never had this problem previously.
    The only other anti-virus/spyware program running on my machine is Trend Micro Office Scan - we are required to have this running by our university. It hasn't ever caused any problems before.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks