Thread: The prompt to remove temporary files no longer appears

Default The prompt to remove temporary files no longer appears

Hello,

When I first started using Spybot S & D, before starting a scan to search for problems, I was always shown a prompt to remove temporary files. This prompt no longer appears.

I have noticed this same issue in the past on other computers — and on other installations of Spybot S & D on the same computer where I am experiencing the issue now. In other words: This is not a new "bug," and it does not seem to be related to a faulty or corrupt install. The program always seems to just stop offering the prompt after awhile.

Is this a known issue with the program? Is there any way to fix it?

And yes, I am aware that there is a setting in settings to offer the prompt. I checked that before writing, and it is still set to its default value of "Offer to clean the temporary files folder," so that is not the reason.

Can anyone help with this?

Thank you.

Hello,

The deleting option of the temporary files only comes up if you have more than 100 temp files.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't think your answer is the key to the problem, though. It has to be something else.

I'm on my computer at least 6-8 hours a day, and I haven't cleaned my temporary files folder in well over two weeks (nor do I have any software in place that automatically cleans it for me). So, in light of that, I'm quite certain that I have well more than a hundred, and yet, the prompt to remove them no longer appears. In fact, I haven't seen it in over a month, even though I used to see it every time that I used Spybot S & D. It just sort of disappeared somewhere along the way.

The prompt to remove temporary files does, however, appear to be, at least, "trying" to start. Every time I initiate a scan to check for problems, I can briefly see, for literally a fraction of a second, what appears to be the popup to remove temporary files trying to appear. It flashes on the screen once — and then it disappears in the blink of an eye.

Any idea as to what the issue could be?

if your concers are strong enough,you can allways either look to see how many you have,or simply clean them out,if your not comfy doing that,then why not try aft cleaner.

it will work on xp/vista & windows 7.
    simply the download page hasnt been updated.

clean no hassle and easy to use.

hxxp://www.atribune.org
    Last edited by kinos; 2012-01-28 at 13:13. Reason: ittalics didnt break the link,link broke by replaceing tt with xx

My concern is not with my temporary files themselves. I know how to clean them out manually, and I have cleaning programs as well. My concern is with Spybot no longer working as it used to.

I used to have that message, but when I did. It would never "remove" all files. Some of them were still in use. If it is the program using them, then why can't it "unlock" them for removal I wonder.