Thread: Strange redirect virus

Default Strange redirect virus

Hi. My PC has this strange problem -whenever I open certain links(either through Google search or either by directly opening the link) I keep getting redirected to this webpage with advertisements. This does not happen with ALL links but only with a handful. The server address of the webpage to which I am redirected to seems to be googleads.g.doubleclick.net. This initially used to happen just with Yahoo links, but then the problem spread to Microsoft and Wikipedia links too. I have scanned my PC using AVG Internet Security 2012, Spybot S&D, Spyware Doctor, TDSSkiller etc. This initially reported an infection of DOSPOP toolbar but I could not find any associated files. I did a complete format of my system but the infection still persists somehow. I cannot find any suspicious browser plug-in either. Please help.

Hello anshumanchaube,

In case you missed it please see this forum's FAQ which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis if the machine in question is a personal computer.

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)

Then you'd need to start a new topic providing the logs requested so a volunteer analyst can advise you when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016