Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trojan Help needed

Hi Debbie,

No need to follow my previous instructions now. A reformat will have gotten rid of the infection and was the best course of action to follow.

This particualr infection takes advantages of known vulnerabilities in out of date software. I would like to get a scan of the machine to make sure you do not have insecure programs installed.

Of utmost importance is updating your anti-virus program and installing all available Microsoft updates. I do not mind waiting if you want to get these done before running the scan.

Follow the instructions below to run Securitycheck and reply back with the log file.

Security Check
    • Please download Security Check by screen317 from one of the links below:
    • Save it to your Desktop.
    • Right click SecurityCheck.exe And select " Run as administrator " , then follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
    • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
    • Please post the contents of that document.
    Proud Graduate of the MalWare Removal University

Ok, it took me a bit of time to get everything updated that I could find that needed updating. I have a quick question for you. I had been using the free version of AVG for my security program. Is there a better free one? This one has Norton on it, but it's just a 30 day trial. Do you have a better suggestion for a free security program?

Here is the Security Check log.

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.30
    Windows 7 x64 (UAC is enabled)
    Internet Explorer 9
    ``````````````````````````````
    Antivirus/Firewall Check:

Windows Firewall Enabled!
    Norton Internet Security
    WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.
    ```````````````````````````````
    Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:

SpywareBlaster 4.5
    Spybot - Search & Destroy
    Java(TM) 6 Update 30
    Adobe Flash Player 10.2.152.32 Flash Player out of Date!
    ````````````````````````````````
    Process Check:
    objlist.exe by Laurent

Norton ccSvcHst.exe
    ``````````End of Log````````````

Hi Debbie,

Do you have a better suggestion for a free security program?
    Here are some programs I would reccomend instead of AVG Free. Install one of these and then uninstall Norton.

Remove Out of date Programs
    • The following programs installed on your PC are out of date and represent a significant risk of re-infection.
      Adobe Flash Player 10
    • Click on Start...then... Click the Search Programs and Files search box on the Start Menu.
    • Copy and paste the value below, into the open text entry box:
      appwiz.cpl
    • Locate the out of date program(s) above.
    • Select the program and click on Uninstall to uninstall it.
    • If you have installed either of the Anti Virus programs listed above then you can also uninstall Norton AntiVirus while you are here.

Note: You can get the latest version of flash player here http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Additional Security Tips.
    Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly.
    Secunia Personal Software Inspector - Copyright © Secunia. This app will monitor programs on your computer for known vulnerabilities. You can set it to auto-update for you, or just prompt you if an update is available. I highly recommend it.
    F-secure Health Check - Copyright © F-Secure Corporation. F-Secure Health Check is a free application that tells you if your computer is protected and helps you fix possible security issues.

I have downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials (and have updated it) and have uninstalled Norton. It ran a scan when it was finished and said it found no problems. I have also uninstalled Adobe Flash Player 10 and installed the latest version. I've also downloaded Secunia Personal Software Inspector and ran it. Also have ran the F-Secure Health Check, and it was good.

Computer is running good now. I really appreciate all your help. Any further instructions?

Hi Debbie,

You're most welcome.

No further instructions, as your computer is now clean this log will be closed.

diver79