Thread: Facebook Bug I cannot get rid of

Unhappy Facebook Bug I cannot get rid of

I believe I contracted something from Facebook a few months ago, and would like to get rid of it. Spybot did find something, a I Win type registry thing. When I go to delete it, it says I am not an Administrator, when I am the Owner Administrator. So when I use my computer, it is fine till I go to Facebook and then I get constant "Internet Explorer cannot find the page your were using" or something like that. Please help, it is driving me nuts!!!
    PS I am not THAT computer savvy, so have very specific instructions...I am only fair on a computer!!! Thank you...

Hello Connie V Stinson`,

Questions regarding Spybot-S&D support can be asked here: Spybot-S&D Forums however,

Quote Originally Posted by Connie V Stinson` View Post
    When I go to delete it, it says I am not an Administrator, when I am the Owner Administrator.
    Run as Administrator
    "On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
    2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu."

Please try that first, then if you still need someone to take a look at the system follow the instructions in this forum's FAQ (post #2), http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288 to produce the DDS logs used for analysis, start a new topic here and someone will advise when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016