Thread: Ongoing Hacking Nightmare - Long, but please read, need help desperately!!!

Question Ongoing Hacking Nightmare - Long, but please read, need help desperately!!!

My family (including relatives I haven't seen in over a decade) are being attacked by a bunch of hackers who are not only extremely tenacious, but also have access not just to a super computer, but the help desk at a MAJOR North American ISP - not really sure how extensive this ISP is....

Do not know if a hacker war exploded around me, or what... originally the hacking started when neighbours I used to have found out we were getting cable internet instead of AOL dial-up. The computer we were using was sold to us by the person with the access to the help desk and hub. To make this easier, I'll just call him Andreas Klipper.

When things got ridiculous - waking up to find that after removing Chrome and Mozilla on the advise of a techie that IE explorer was just gone and had Symantec fix that. Then they had to fix another problem. It cost $100 but ended up being mostly worth it then, as I had to keep calling Symantec for various reasons.... I had been given some tutorials when younger as to how to defend my computer, but it got to the point where I was unable to log in to the desktop. We have since this all started, burnt through one desktop, and two Toshiba laptops. Am currently using a C-Note.....

Anyway. While still using the desktop, we bought a corporate-level D-link router. It got taken down by Andreas Klipper's GF, who used the fact that my computer was so constantly overtasked to burn out the circuits. During the time that we had this router operational, we went from trusting Andreas enough to have him set up the router for us, and allowed him guest access -- which he then gave the password to at least 5 other people and was attempting to gain full authorization. So we obviously stopped trusting him. However, he did show us something very interesting; he used to work for Dell Computers' help department before being hired by the ISP he still works for, and we watched him not only use the codes related to Dell to supposably improve the desktop's functionality, but also the codes to the ISP hub. I have no idea what exactly he was programming the computer for, but things got much worse after this....

Eventually the neighbours moved, but the attacks continued, and it is still impossible to determine if this is a hacker war that we somehow ended up in or if (the more likely) it is a very personal thing. The desktop PC become unusable when it took 50 mins to simply load the desktop after entering the password. So I got a laptop. The laptop did fairly well until they somehow managed to alter its configuration so that it will only work in Safe Mode.

Both myself and my husband have chronic, life-long health problems which prevent us from working and are therefore on assistance. My parents have been very wonderful about replacing the gear when it is destroyed, but they aren't rich and shouldn't have to do that! It is clear that whoever these people are, their main objective is to prevent us from being able to use the internet for commercial gain so we can start our own business.

So. My last laptop that was given to me came with several very cool features, including a year's worth of Kapersky and the ability to use a virtual keyboard for typing passwords. Aside from them changing the passwords in the NetBios, they also used the screen shot application to capture passwords entered on the virtual keyboard, and eventually, seized control of one of the profiles I had created on the Linksys router that was sub-routing from the D-link that the ISP we use now, a DSL connection. (as Andreas works for the ISP which was providing the cable internet) I know that sub-routing like this can cause plenty of complications, but this really wasn't one that should have happened. Eventually, I was informed by Kapersky that my line was considered a hostile line, and was later able to verify that my signal was being routed to Andreas' ISP first and then mine.

I have managed to seal up as many leaks in this sieve as I can; I try and keep them at bay with constant use of cookie culler, CC cleaner, S&D, and a constant eye on the task manager, and am staying afloat at the moment, but I really am so tired of this war and don't see it coming to an end any time soon. I do have evidence on discs, but the evidence on my 2nd-last laptop was destroyed, as was the evidence that I had stored on a WD terabyte when a person dropped it. (This person has been involved in too many other "glitches" for us to believe he is not involved, but unfortunately is a member of my hubby's family, and only recently became a person under suspicion).

so. Now I can't save any logs from any of my scans which show tracking cookies and malware and all sorts of things or send a log to S&D because Andreas' and his friends have password-protected IE explorer and of course I don't know the password. I've tried all sorts of combinations, but not a password application because I have a hard enough time keeping my passwords secure enough.

Any advice as to how I might be able to actually get this stuff in to S&D would be wonderful. Also, i am unable to update or immunize chrome, and of course this is a problem, as I'm immunizing IE when I immunize Firefox, and of course I can't even USE Internet Explorer....

Hello InternetUrchin,

Due to the complexity of the situation you have described the only viable option would be to consult with a computer forensics expert.

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016