Thread: IE redirecting.

Default IE redirecting.

I have IE8/9 redirecting my ISP email logon address (after I've typed in uname + pwd) to a page whch sais "IE has prevented a redirection.... click here to continue." The click goes nowhere. This does not happen to other logons I have. I did have IE9 and reinstalled IE8 but this has not cleared the problem. I have to use Safari to logon. I have changed my pwds anyway.

I suspect some sort of malware. Can anyone be more specific about this type of behaviour? Would clicking have sent anything? Thanks.

Hello omits,

Quote Originally Posted by omits View Post
    I have IE8/9 redirecting my ISP email logon address (after I've typed in uname + pwd) to a page whch sais "IE has prevented a redirection.... click here to continue." The click goes nowhere. This does not happen to other logons I have. I did have IE9 and reinstalled IE8 but this has not cleared the problem. I have to use Safari to logon. I have changed my pwds anyway.
    Good that you changed your passwords, did you contact your ISP about the email login issue?

I suspect some sort of malware. Can anyone be more specific about this type of behaviour? Would clicking have sent anything? Thanks.
    There are too many variables and questions to allow a definitive answer.

What is your operating system, security software installed and how is the computer running?

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I have run spybot 2 and cleaned all found. This only happens with IE and only with my BT yahoo account. When I logon with the right password it just flashes though a couple of screens then takes me back to the same logon screen. I have reset IE completely (+ personal settings).

W7Pro. MSE installed. The account is a limited one.

Hi there,

I suspect some sort of malware.
    Is the computer running normally except for the email problem?

This only happens with IE and only with my BT yahoo account.

When I logon with the right password it just flashes though a couple of screens then takes me back to the same logon screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    did you contact your ISP about the email login issue?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016