Thread: Windows Security Centre and MSE gets Auto-Disabled, System Restore can't start.

Default Windows Security Centre and MSE gets Auto-Disabled, System Restore can't start.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. I have never had any issues with viruses or spyware on this machine.

I have MSE installed but something has got it disabled automatically. I suspect it to be a virus or malware.
    I keep getting a notification in the Action Center that the "Windows Security Center service is turned off". When I click the button to turn it on, I get a message that "WIndows Security Center Service can't be started."
    I located the Security Center service under the services.msc and when I try to start it from there it does gets started but within a few seconds it gets disabled again. Next when I again attempt to start the service from services.msc it displayes an Error Code: 1058
    Also the System Restore Utility has been turned off by whatever is causing this problem.
    Untill recently, I used to get an unsusual annoying behaviour in all my web browsers, i.e. whenever I clicked on a link from any search engine, It would redirect me to a series of webpages almost ads, instead of opening the actual link.

The browser trouble seems to be resolved after I used Kaspersky Pure to scan my computer and it found a DLL file named PERFDISKL.DLL under C:\Windows\SysWOW64. The service used to initiate itself whenever I opened a web browser.

I have tried scanning my system multiple times using various anti-virus, anti-malware & anti-spyware, but none of them was a success. The programs that I used to scan are

MSE in Safe Mode, (latest update file dwnlded and installed separately.)
    Kaspersky PURE
    Malwarebytes Anti-malware
    SpyBot Search & Destroy
    AVG Free 2012

All these softwares are fully updated.

Also tried the SFCScannow, and everything is fine there.
    Activated the Hidden Administrator account and ran COMBOFIX, but no success.

Please help me. I don't want to do a fresh install on my laptop.

All the neccessary logs will be posted ASAP.

Thanks.

Hello Doctor Zeus,

When you are ready to post the logs please start a new topic as helpers look for those with a zero response.

Also please note this forum's FAQS.

"BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)

Please DO NOT RUN ComboFix without being asked

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016