Thread: Why does it scan automatically?

Default Why does it scan automatically?

When I start a system scan by clicking the icon in the Start Center, the scan is already in progress when the window opens. It therefore scans all 5 of my drives when all I want scanned is the system drive. Shouldn't there be options about what to scan, even for the "system" scan? And shouldn't it wait at least until I press "Start Scan" to actually begin?

v.2.0.7.131
    Last edited by Dubiaku; 2012-02-27 at 02:18.

i cant confirm this. if i press system scan from the tray i get 2 windows popped out, one have the start scan button and one gives me two options: Standart-System Scan and File Scan.

What operating system are u using?

Win 7 32-bit, Ult

It's not from the tray but the Start Center that the scan begins automatically. I understand that a "system scan" can mean the entire system to some people, so then there should be an alternative for a more limited scan. Most AV's I've used give you a choice of drives to be included in a system scan.

The alternative would seem to be the file/folders scan, but specifying a drive there just locks the program. Even before it begins a malware scan, it does some sort of scan of the whole drive, possibly to determine the status and size. So, it actually ends up scanning the drive twice if it ever completes, which it has rarelyfor me. Sometimes, it seems to finish, but nothing appears in the window and I'm back where I started. Also, the file/folder scan has no option for anything except "Remove Malware", so that doesn't give you the chance to choose what it removes.
    Last edited by Dubiaku; 2012-02-28 at 21:06.