Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babylon.Toolbar - Flagged as Adware C

Ah! Ich bin ein dumkopf! Danka shon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy112 View Post
    Hi,

I updated Spybot S&D yesterday and ran a scan today - to my surprise it showed 17 threats by Babylon.Toolbar - AdwareC.

I search around and it seems like a toolbar for Babylon translation. But I've never downloaded that program before. I've checked my Program list, Firefox, IE and no signs of this babylon toolbar. How it got to my system is still a mystery to me.

I went for the fix on Spybot...it couldn't fix two of them because it was still in use by the memory.

So I plan on doing a clean install on my computer - but was wondering if this babylon.toolbar is a malicious trojan/virus that spreads throughout your files or more a adware nuisance?

The reason I ask is because I have some files I want to save, but I don't want to bring over infected files to the new install.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

*Sorry, I can't post any logs due to being away from the computer with the babylon.toolbar*
    I had babylon installed on my PC but I did not personally install it. Sometimes these crappy search engines install with other (usually freeware - give freeware like S&D a bad name!) software.

It's just an adware nuisance, once you get rid of it through spybot that is that!

Default babalyon

anyone tell me how to remove---i am new here so sorry if i am in wrong area
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-05-02 at 03:36. Reason: Merged topic

Default Babylon.Toolbar in AdwareC

I have the problem of not being able to remove Babylon.Toolbar in AdwareC. Using the Ransack search tool for my entire system it appears that the problem might be located in the Virtual Machine Hard Drive image in Windows XP mode under my Windows 7 system. When I have time I'll check and update.