Thread: a threat that was not detected: rsmuctiip.exe

Default a threat that was not detected: rsmuctiip.exe

My computer alerted me that a program called scanfile had been successfully downloaded, then a window popped up showing a scan and numerous malware items. Afterwards, I was prompted to upgrade for $59.99 to remove the treats or remain unprotected. When I selected remain unprotected, warnings came up, and the windows would not go away. Also, at this point Spybot S&D 2 would not run. I had to hit control + alternate + delete and activate the task manager. I then had to select the scanfile program, right click and go to process, open the containing folder, select properties, and then edit the security settings for the file by denying the file any access on all areas. This was the file: rsmuctiip.exe causing the problem. After denying access to the file, spybot s&d 2 would run, but it failed to detect the file. Also, it would not shred the file. Finally, after continually trying, spybot s&d 2 would move the rsmuctiip.exe file, and my computer is back to normal. Just wanted to share this.

Hello,

Thanks for reporting.

It is not possible for any anti-spyware-tool to detect every threat because the spyware sector is growing and developing too fast.
    So it might happen that one anti-spyware-tool detects something that the other one misses.
    Therefore it is recommendable to run more than one security software.

But if you are infected the next time we can locate the threat in your bug report, although nothing is present after a scan. That would help to improve our database.

Further... if you really want to work with Spybot-S&D you should use the final version Spybot-S&D 1.6.2. The 2.0 Beta is for testing ONLY and is NOT a replacement for the stable version Spybot-S&D 1.6.2.

I would recommend to uninstall the 2.0 Beta and then make a fresh installation of Spybot-S&D 1.6.2.
    Therefore please choose the direct installation file.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot