Thread: torjan.sirefef.bv problem

Default torjan.sirefef.bv problem

Hi,

I have problems with removing a trojan.sirefef.bv virus from my computer.
    Here is what I have done and what happened.

1.Full scan with my internet security program (F-secure) - it finds the virus and quarantines or removes it but it always comes back.

2. System restore - did not work

3.Dowloaded Advanced systemcare and ran a full scan and repair - computer is faster now but my original anti-virus program still finds the virus.

4. Tried to rename C:/windows/system32/setup.exe to setup.1xe - I dont think i did it right as could not rename the file type right.

Originally the virus went to C:/windows/system32 and it currently appears in C:/system volume information/ folder.

Now my internet and sound on the computer are not working anymore and the virus comes back all the time.

Would appreciate your help!

Hello ibuddie,

So that everyone is on the same track please see the FAQ which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

If you cannot produce the log please start a new topic anyway and explain the situation.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016