Hi there fellow spybot users...hope all is well. Also hope someone might have a relevant explanation for this strange issue that cropped up - and a solution.

So here's the story: tonight, all was fine as usual being online - and I had spybot and avg enabled, they both start up automatically. I manually enable ewidow and run scans every few days. FTR, I'm using win2k and ie6 (no potshots please).

I was working on a webpage and opened up a folder shortcut from desktop to another folder that contained about 12 files - a mix of pdf and html files for a page I'm working on. I do this constantly and have had no problems until a few days ago. I simply went to view and selected thumbnail view because it's convenient. Next thing I know, I get a program error for explorer.exe saying it's gonna shut down. I did it on its own before I could even click ok and then it closed out and sent me back to desktop - and it took spybot with it (out of the tray).

I tried other folders and thumbnail came up fine. This happened a few nights ago in a different folder with mp3 files and various graphics (irfanview) but I also had windows media player running awhile and figured it just conflicted. I rebooted a time or two and it stopped.

Tonight when it yanked spybot, I manually started/ran it and it appeared in the tray - no issues but one I can't get rid of anyway no matter what I try. I went online and looked for info on folders crashing on thumbnail view, found one suggesting getting the shell viewer utility and going thru them to see which one's causing it. I didn't go thru all of them - just disabled the pdf extention but that didn't help. I enabled it again and then tried the folder.

It crashed. I rebooted. on reboot, spybot loads and runs a string of little windows along the side of the screen about resident allowed access to various programs and then spybot disappeared out the tray, and before windows finished loading suddenly there's an error alert that internet explorer cannot find the active desktop html file. I took a few tries but I finally got it to reload.

I ran spybot and ad aware and this time get the notice in SB that it found two problems, something about "solutions180" or whatever it said and I clicked fix problems - it did that and when I closed out SB again, the little side windows popped up saying resident denied change according to white list. Upon further searching, this solutions thing is associated to zanga and I cannot get it off no matter what I do.

How would I reset the options so that it can't block me from getting rid of it?

Any ideas why spybot disappears when I enable the thumbnail viewer and it crashes?

I appreciate any info you can supply. (and I promise I don't mean this in any manner to be rude or ungrateful or bitchy but if you don't have an answer or don't know, please don't reply JUST to say you have no idea - that doesn't help me one way or the other! Thanks!)

Des