Thread: immunization issue

Default immunization issue

Not sure where to post this

When I try to immunize it says browser open even though i have closed the browser. But it goes ahead and immunizes anyway. i look in task manager and see firefox.exe and end that but there is no further immunization aftwer i end the firefox.exe, so do I need to do that?

Thanks

Exclamation

You do need to close Firefox, because Immunization is trying to alter a file currently in use (hostperm.1 or cookperm.txt in versions older than 3, permissions.sqlite afterward).

Quote Originally Posted by lewisje View Post
    You do need to close Firefox, because Immunization is trying to alter a file currently in use (hostperm.1 or cookperm.txt in versions older than 3, permissions.sqlite afterward).
    Thanks. why does it go ahead and immunize when the firefox.exe is still in task manager even tho it says browser open.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwrites View Post
    Thanks. why does it go ahead and immunize when the firefox.exe is still in task manager even tho it says browser open.
    On SpyBot Search & Destroy startup, it warns the user if a browser is open. It makes the assumption that the user will heed the warning and close all the browsers.

If Firefox is still in the Task Manager, then it really didn't close. Sometimes, an extension can cause this, especially those added by AVG or Norton.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    On SpyBot Search & Destroy startup, it warns the user if a browser is open. It makes the assumption that the user will heed the warning and close all the browsers.

If Firefox is still in the Task Manager, then it really didn't close. Sometimes, an extension can cause this, especially those added by AVG or Norton.
    OK but what i do not understand is it completes the immunization while Firefox is still in the Task Manager. When i end it in task manager and click immunize again there is nothing further being immunized

For the past few updates, there have been no new immunizations included, so immunize has no work to do. That is likely what you are seeing. I always make sure that Firefox closes completely (never had the problem with it staying in the Task Manager), and I always close all browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gopher John View Post
    For the past few updates, there have been no new immunizations included, so immunize has no work to do. That is likely what you are seeing. I always make sure that Firefox closes completely (never had the problem with it staying in the Task Manager), and I always close all browsers.
    That is probably it Yes i know the browser must be closed