Thread: SweetIM DELETE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SweetIM DELETE

Hello,

I have SweetIm installed onto my hard drive - this program in terms of advertising is an annoying piece of engineering. I have done everything in my knowledge to attempt to uninstall/delete/destroy - Lob'ing the company out doesnt seem to work either...I have smiles and icons on the right and bottom of this message screen...Anyway I have downloaded the following spyware software:

1. Sweet IMRemoval Tool -

want to charge 20 dollars...

2. SUPERAntiSpyware -

Has detected cookies and deleted them but "Update Manager for SweetPacks 1.0" (SweeIM Technologies Ltd.) is still present.

3. Spybot -

The scan was a success and it detected the SweetIm however could not delete due to me not being an administrator and there is no icon on my desktop or right clicking on the folder to enable me as "run as an administrator", therefore I can not perform this action...
    QUESTION: How do I become an administrator for this specific software?

I have obviously tried to uninstall from the control panel and one of the sweetIM is removed the only one left is the "Update Manager for SweetPacks 1.0" (SweeIM Technologies Ltd.)...When selecting Uninstall, access to my computer from SweeIM Technologies wants to be permitted - i am very suspicious about this...

HELP: Any people out there reading this, and are capable of sharing experience, advice and any other tips n tricks will be valued and greatly appreciated.

With many thanks,

Ontology.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-04-16 at 19:16. Reason: Moved from the malware forum

Hi there,

Quote Originally Posted by Ontology View Post
    HELP: Any people out there reading this, and are capable of sharing experience, advice and any other tips n tricks will be valued and greatly appreciated.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16087
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=62765
    Quote Originally Posted by Ontology View Post
    3. Spybot -

The scan was a success and it detected the SweetIm however could not delete due to me not being an administrator and there is no icon on my desktop or right clicking on the folder to enable me as "run as an administrator", therefore I can not perform this action...
    QUESTION: How do I become an administrator for this specific software?
    What is the operating system?

"On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot-S&D might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:

1. Right-click the Spybot - Search & Destroy entry in your start menu, instead of just left-clicking to start it.
    2. Choose Run as administrator from the context menu."

From our FAQ here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

Also, please open Spybot Search & Destroy > Help > About and let us know the version and date of last definitions.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hi

Appreciate the fast response.

Basically my operating system is Windows Vista and the Spybot type is Search and Destroy 1.6.2.46 with its last detected update on the 11.04.12

Unfortunantly there is only SuperantiSpyware and not Spybot in my Start menu.

I feel a little hopeless because i looked into my program files and within the spybot folder, where there wasn't any icon picture illustrated in http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/42.html

Thanks.

Hello,

Do you have a Spybot -Search & Destroy icon showing inside the Spybot program folder which you can right click on?

Are you running Vista as an Administrator or as a limited user.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello,

No I don't have Spybot -Search & Destroy icon showing inside the Spybot program folder...I think its because SUPERantispyware deleted it ? - Shall i reinstall Spybot -Search & Destroy ?

No I am the administrator I believe...It shows when i log into my PC my name, and I enter my password.. does this count as an administrator?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Any success?

My computer is really slow and I tried buying something with PayPal and, well it didn't work...is this something to do with SweetIM are they spyware - Microsoft word is playing tricks on me too -- can a malicious program on my PC hack and see what's written i.e. view my documents and read the content?

I'm lost and don't know what to do...if there is a way to avoid reformatting my pc i am genuinely open for any suggestions!!

Thanks