Thread: SweetIM DELETE

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SweetIM DELETE

Hello,

I have SweetIm installed onto my hard drive - this program in terms of advertising is an annoying piece of engineering. I have done everything in my knowledge to attempt to uninstall/delete/destroy - Lob'ing the company out doesnt seem to work either...I have smiles and icons on the right and bottom of this message screen...Anyway I have downloaded the following spyware software:

1. Sweet IMRemoval Tool -

want to charge 20 dollars...

2. SUPERAntiSpyware -

Has detected cookies and deleted them but "Update Manager for SweetPacks 1.0" (SweeIM Technologies Ltd.) is still present.

3. Spybot -

The scan was a success and it detected the SweetIm however could not delete due to me not being an administrator and there is no icon on my desktop or right clicking on the folder to enable me as "run as an administrator", therefore I can not perform this action...
    QUESTION: How do I become an administrator for this specific software?

I have obviously tried to uninstall from the control panel and one of the sweetIM is removed the only one left is the "Update Manager for SweetPacks 1.0" (SweeIM Technologies Ltd.)...When selecting Uninstall, access to my computer from SweeIM Technologies wants to be permitted - i am very suspicious about this...

HELP: Any people out there reading this, and are capable of sharing experience, advice and any other tips n tricks will be valued and greatly appreciated.

With many thanks,

Ontology.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-04-16 at 19:16. Reason: Moved from the malware forum