Thread: Spybot and SSD disc

Default Spybot and SSD disc

I installed a new SSD disc to my PC and as too many repeating writes is not "healthy" for these discs, I started to observe disc activity more precisely.

I realised that process called "SDtray.exe" is making write activity every 6 seconds to files mentioned in the activity log at the end of this article.
    Is there any chance to disable such activity and extend my SSD lifetime a little bit?

This is appearing every 6 seconds in the write disc activity log (reads excluded)
    14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_WRITE C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FIXKLHNB\integrity-local[2].txt SUCCESS Offset: 0 Length: 40

14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_SET_INFORMATION C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FIXKLHNB\integrity-local[1].txt SUCCESS Delete

14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_WRITE C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FIXKLHNB\integrity-local[1].txt SUCCESS Offset: 0 Length: 40

14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_SET_INFORMATION C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\F3OR02CB\integrity-local[1].txt SUCCESS Delete

14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_WRITE C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\F3OR02CB\integrity-local[1].txt SUCCESS Offset: 0 Length: 40

14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_SET_INFORMATION C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\TI38KL3J\integrity-local[1].txt SUCCESS Delete

14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_WRITE C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\TI38KL3J\clients[1].txt SUCCESS Offset: 0 Length: 1

14:20:30 SDTray.exe:688 IRP_MJ_SET_INFORMATION C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\FIXKLHNB\clients[1].txt SUCCESS Delete

Default Try another app

Uhm, no single reply. I think I have to try other application even I used S&D for long years and supported them with some bugs.

I am supprised this hasn't been responded / resolved. I too am upgrading to an ssd so I did the same and found that SDTray.exe was creating then deleting clients[1].txt to a random folder in the Content.IE5 folder. obviously closing SDTray will stop this from happening, but can this be switched off in the app?