Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: IDP & Crypt AQLW Trojan DDS Log pasted.

Default Question

I stored some vital files onto a usb memory stick, whilst the computer was infected. Can I use this usb stick to transfer the files to another machine to allow me to continue work?

Emeritus

Hi,

Ok let's do this. Boot into Safe Mode and then try to run ComboFix from there. With the number of infections and their severity it may take several attempts to even get our tools to run correctly and then to remove all of them.

If ComboFix runs through post the log created to your next reply.

Default On our way

Hi Jeff,

Safe mode did the trick - it rebooted ok and is now scanning.

Am I safe to use my USB Stick which has MS Word files loaded off the infected machine to load these on my wife's machine?

Again thanks for your assistance.

Default ComboFix halted

Hi

ComboFix has scanned to stge 50 and then deleted a whole pile of files, and three folders and has grounded to a halt and been like that for 10 imns.

Default ComboFix Halted

Hi

Although ComboFix has halted I have Windows Task Manager available and it is listed in the Apps, so I can end it via the Task Manager if needed.

Emeritus

Hi,

Hold off on transferring files yet, but if you are worried about losing them, put the files on a CD which is a more stable source to store on rather than a USB drive.
    ----------

Give ComboFix a little bit longer...your system was severely infected and it may take some time to finish. If it still has not finished in about 30 minutes or so, go ahead and stop it and reboot your system. If there is a log created post that. If you don't see a log created, check inside of C:\ComboFix.txt and see if that file was created. If it is there post that.

Default rebooted

Hi

I rebooted as an hour has past. Back to the desktop but no report in C:

Emeritus

Ok....go ahead and run ComboFix again in Safe Mode and see if it will run through.

Default standstill again

I ran ComboFix in ordinary mode as AVG had not flashed up any virus warnings (before every five minutes!). However after reaching stage 50 - it has stalled - and has been like this 1/2 hour - shall I reboot into safe mode & run it again?

Emeritus

Go ahead and reboot...do the following:

• Download OTL to your desktop.
    • Right-click and Run as Administrator on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
    • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
    • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
    • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
      • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
        Note:These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
      • Please attach the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.