Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Search redirect problem

Hi Good Morning,

I am unable to post a screen shot as I do not know how to do this. I have the screen shot saved as a Paint file... a .bmp file. This type of file is not on the upload list and it will not paste here. I am just not the smartest kid in school on this stuff, like I said before .

I have never tried to do anything with the other computers here with any type of sharing. At the old place I had it set up that the computers could print but that is not here and I am sure I disabled printer and file share.. but over the months I have seen some iTunes playlists from one of the kids living here, but the system switches have changed quite a bit over this time too. There has been problems in the past involving sharing sites etc...
    I have not seen this recently.

Sorry I am being so vague - to put it in to perspective, I am a computer wiz compared to the other fine folks who live here - very nice people but not too keen with the technology.

To the screen shot, it shows only my two drives, the DVD that never really worked properly and my C drive... everything shows healthy with one partition - file system, etc...

I have a USB floppy and a CD that I power up when I need them.

Hope this helps, I can post the screen shot if I learn how to do it.

Michael

Emeritus

Hi,

No problem...

Ok...after you open up disk management and get it expanded to show the partition sizes >> press Print Screen button (PrtScn) >> Go to Start > Accessories > Paint.

When Paint opens click Edit > Paste and then it should show the screen you are trying to show me.

Now Press File >> Save as >> name your file and save it as a .jpeg to your Desktop where you can find it easily.

Now attach it here.

Hi.
    That was easy... save as JPEG - got it. here is is

Michael

Emeritus

Hi,

That looks good.

By the way...the question you asked me about the infection DNS Changer on July 9th is accurate. Just use the link you provided to check you computer. Like you said Green is good Red is bad.

Are you still being redirected? What browsers are you experiencing it with?

On Firefox I searched a random search and all the sites all linked up correctly, but one sent me to Happili site every time; when I clicked on the same link again, it fix and it was correct (but please see how in next description). It appears to be random but I sorta found a pattern. I did this several times and it was the same each time. The sites that sent me to Happili were marked at a low rating (one or two bars) green. After I clicked on a full bar green those sites sent me correctly, and then I went back to the low rated link it was fix... the same link low bar site, AFTER clicking on a full bar site, was fixed. I hope that was not too confusing. Not sure if it matters. but that is what happened

On IE I never was directed to Happili.

I do not have any other browsers installed, but iTunes might be a browser and that is still not connecting to the Internet to bring up the radio.

Just to mention it, most of the time it WAS happili.com that I arrived at when redirected, but there was at least one other site, that I have not seen since your fix thus far. Since the fixes I have only seen Happili.

As I mentioned, I still can not get to the internet for iTunes radio it shows it is searching and then just nothing. Not sure what else to say... except

Emeritus

Hi,

Ok that sounds like there is a problem with the website itself and not anything on your system.

As for iTunes I have read that there is a widespread problem with iTunes radio right now for everyone. Apple is aware of it and is working on a fix. You can read about it here.

So it is probably the web site? If I get linked to this web site will I get re-infected? This whole thing is very disappointing.

I just now got spammed and a huge amount of E-mails are going all over the place, I am getting all sorts of responses - I am really at a loss. I changed my password to the E-mail account (AOL free) but didn't do anything else. Are my other passwords at risk and my organizer, address book, bank stuff? All the stuff that is in my computer could they get to that?

Michael

There seems to be a link at the bottom of all the E-mails relating to a "customer service" notification link I filled out yesterday. I can share the details if it makes a difference. How were these jokers able to E-mail my contacts?

I said it before... very disappointing - I am worried about the rest of my computer and if they might have access to personal information.

Emeritus

Well to be on the safe side I would change all passwords from a clean computer until we finish.

Please download TDSSKiller.zip
    • Extract it to your desktop
    • Double click TDSSKiller.exe
    • when the window opens, click on Change Parameters
    • under ”Additional options”, put a check mark in the box next to “Detect TDLFS File System”
    • click OK
    • Press Start Scan
      • Only if Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected
      • Then click Continue > Reboot now
    • Attach the log in your next reply
      • A copy of the log will be saved automatically to the root of the drive (typically C:\)

----------

Hi Jeff,

I think I know what happened - really dumb of me -- I am a single dad and I try to do things in the morning while also getting my child going for school. I attached a screen shot of the page I went to.

I think I got scammed and then spammed --- not smart of me

I will not post the link here for obvious reasons - I can not do things on the Internet that are not "foolproof" before 9am, or anytime apparently .

Thanks for listening to my rant, but things are not the best now - btw I have got one more Happili and another really slick looking one called Style or something like that very nice looking but had nothing to do with the search.

I just feel messed up right now,

Michael