Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Search redirect problem

Emeritus

Hi Michael,

To retrieve an Avast log do the following:

Right-click on the Avast icon in the system tray.
    Select Open Avast Interface
    Click on Scan Computer
    Select Scan Logs
    Open the most recent logs that showed the virus and open them.
    Copy/Paste the log into your reply.

Good Morning Jeff,

I could not figure out how to copy and paste the information. Attached is the scan log main page showing the three recent scans. First the quick scan, then the full scan, then the boot-time scan.

I will attach the others - I got hacked so it might be related to that and not the redirect. I don't want to convolute the thread so let me know ok?

Michael

Quick scan

Full System Scan

Boot-Time Scan

I feel like a real pain, and you have said don't worry about it but anyway

So, these infected files are in the chest, should I leave them there or hit the apply button for another action, or even can I? I don't know what is best, I thought (very dangerous I know!) that them being in the chest was good, but I don't know very much.

Michael

Emeritus

Hi,

Nope...don't worry. You are not a pain.

Some of those are just in restore points and when we remove our tools they will be removed. As long as Avast is picking up the infections and you are able to remove them you are fine. As a matter of fact, Avast just picked up one for me too just today.

Ok, I am baffled about all this...

I did some searches and I am randomly getting thrown around to these rouge sites still.

I have a MSword copy (without the links) of the searches, and a screen shot of another site called Glam - at first glance it looks pretty good but if you look twice it is very poorly put together, not like the one I saw, I think it was Style or something? but that one did look sharp. Anyway this seems a tough nut to crack.

Let me know if this would help you and I can copy/paste or attach whatever.

Bottom line is that I am still getting redirected.

Emeritus

Hi,

I sure appreciate your patience...

RKill

Print out these instructions as we may need to close every window that is open later in the fix.

It is possible that the infection you are trying to remove will not allow you to download files on the infected computer. If this is the case, then you will need to download the files requested in this guide on another computer and then transfer them to the infected computer. You can transfer the files via a CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.

Please download the following tool. Boot to Safe Mode with Networking and run the following tool to help allow other programs to run. (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com)
    There are 5 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.
    Vista and Win7 users need to right click and choose Run as Admin
    You only need to get one of them to run, not all of them.
    1. rkill.exe
    2. rkill.com
    3. rkill.scr
    4. WiNlOgOn.exe
    5. uSeRiNiT.exe

Do not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again.
    ----------

Now...from Safe Mode with Networking open Malwarebytes, update it and run a Full Scan. Save the log.
    ----------

Run a new scan with ESET online scanner. Save that log as well.

In your next reply please post the new logs made by Malwarebytes and ESET online scanner.

I sure appreciate your patience...
    I appreciate yours! Thank you!

I don't have a printer so I will have to go old school.

...and on the hunt for a computer close by - oh yea, my studio computer, that'll work.

Okay I will get this done and post the results!

Michael