Thread: smitfraud-c.generic infection removal help

Default smitfraud-c.generic infection removal help

I seem to have the smitfraud-c.generic trojan on my PC and cant seem to get rid of it using SpybotS&D,MalewareBytes, Norton;so I need your help.
    A little backround on the troubelshooting I did on my end- The issue started yesterday when I was having trouble logging into windows-screen freeze on the credentials step(and very slow post login). After mucking around with the hw(ram); I was able to start windows and ran Spybot S&D. This is when I realized that I had the smitfraud. I proceeded to try and remove it Spybot; but it seemed to return on a restart. When spybot dint do the trick,I downloaded & tried Malware Bytes; and finally I tried this tool called Norton Power Eraser - Neither did the job.

I need your inputs on getting this resolved. Please help!!

One observation - the PC occasionally is superfast(almost like for a few hours block); then it becomes super slow(again for a few hours continiously). Why is that? Why isnt it consitantly slow?

Hello vikkid_x2,

In case you missed it please see the sticky which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary "DDS" logs used for analysis.
    "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance)

Then start a new topic providing the DDS logs as shown in that FAQ and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016