Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 6 release thread

In my opinion, for what little it is worth, eliminating all the extra 'features' would eliminate a lot of the problems.

Just make a stand-alone malware scanner and be done with it.

I believe very few, if any, people actually need, or would even use, all of the 'features' anyway.

Guys. No need to complain. Spybot is delivering a very good software in the stable 1.6.2 version, which is good enough and is on the top 10 list of the best anti malware softwares out there. And it's better than some paid-software. Take in consideration: that's before a version 2 has been released. Just chill, let the Spybot team do their work, and we will be happy when they release the final version.

indeed, imageek.

though we all should remember that the upcoming spybot 2.0 release will require at least windows xp to use, unlike with 1.62 & older releases which worked with at least pre-xp versions of windows.

hopefully spybot S&D 2.0 will be better than the newly released lavasoft ad-aware 10 program (which also requires minimum windows xp, not win2000). i've read in their support forums that some users were experiencing blue screen errors with ad-aware 10 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by noel-pr7 View Post
    indeed, imageek.

though we all should remember that the upcoming spybot 2.0 release will require at least windows xp to use, unlike with 1.62 & older releases which worked with at least pre-xp versions of windows.

hopefully spybot S&D 2.0 will be better than the newly released lavasoft ad-aware 10 program (which also requires minimum windows xp, not win2000). i've read in their support forums that some users were experiencing blue screen errors with ad-aware 10 installed.
    Hmmm it's not nice to talk bad about competition, but...
    AD 10 Live Protection slows up your computer incredibly, It offers good protection but a price of having the PC slower than if it would have a virus lol

No matter whose application one chooses to use, so-called 'live protection' is no panacea.

Being an educated, conscientious, and disciplined user is the best defense against malware intrusion.

I will continue to advocate for a 'Lite' version; i.e., a stand-alone, portable (non-installed) malware scanner, without all the unnecessary 'features' that appear to cause so many users to complain about slowing down their systems.