Thread: SweetIm FP?

Default SweetIm FP?

I have reg entries for sweetIm no toolbar or exe. No page change on home page.Where would I have got it i did not download an Im or anything like that.Is this FP? I read your site it said it could be rootkit. How do I check for rootkit

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by johnwrites View Post
    I have reg entries for sweetIm no toolbar or exe. No page change on home page.Where would I have got it i did not download an Im or anything like that.Is this FP? I read your site it said it could be rootkit. How do I check for rootkit
    I see no way to edit the post.? I wanted to add i did not download smileys or games and rarely go on face book
    Last edited by johnwrites; 2012-05-12 at 14:04. Reason: more background info

The registry entries shown in your screen shot are from SweetIM it is not a FP.
    This is exactly one of the reasons why SweetIM gets detected, because it installs without you knowing about it.
    It could have come as a bundle with other software without noticing you properly about it.

Spybot S&D does automatically check for known rootkits, however if you want to do a seperate scan for rootkits that can detect other rootkits methods being used you can try our RootAlyzer or other rootkit detection tools like GMER

Editing posts in our forums is possible only for a limited time after the post has been posted.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Thanks. Does that mean i may have an exe file. Is there any way to tell the date it was installed

Unknown ADS and NO admin in ACL is what i get from a deep root scan with RootAnalyzer?

here is an quick scan with RootAlyzer

Gmer causes a BSOD

From the scan with RootAlyzer
    RegyKey:"Zero char in key name","HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE","\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\","System\0"
    // Attention: entries with a zero character will not be displayed correctly and may not work!
    I am unable to open the system in the above reg entry, says file cannot be found. I deleted the entries shown in my Op screenshot, is that why

Rootkit Buster says I am clean