Thread: Runtime error 217 at 00520978

Question Runtime error 217 at 00520978

Hello,

I downloaded Spybot to try and get rid of Complitly which I discovered running in the background on my computer but when I try to open Spybot it won't open and gives me the runtime error above. So I have two problems:

1. What is this runtime error and why won't Spybot work?

2. How do I erase Complitly from my computer?

Please note I am not a techie, I have very limited technical understanding so I'd really appreciate if you can make your suggestions as clear and user friendly as possible. You'll need to tell me step by step exactly what buttons to press otherwise I won't have a clue.

I hope you can help.

Many thanks

Just to let you know, my regular virus checker, Kaspersky has missed complitly and so has malware bytes which I run regularly on my computer.

Hope someone can help with this problem.

Thanks

As far as I understand, you are trying to uninstall a program, but you won't succeed?

The error, as far as I understand, is made of a registry error. Remember, I'm not an expert. It may be I'm wrong. Spybot staff, please correct me if I am.

If you want to fix the runtime error, please read following link: personalcomputerfixes.com/general-errors/how-to-fix-runtime-error-217/

Edit: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pe...nt=warn-viewsc
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-11-15 at 04:06. Reason: Disabled url

Angry

Thanks, this is helpful. I also need to know how to get rid of the complitly malware on my system. I'd appreciate some help with this.