Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPYBOT freezes

Default SPYBOT freezes

When I run SPYBOT, it works fine until the very last item, the Downloads. Then it locks up.

Which version of Spybot are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Which version of Spybot are you using?
    The latest. When it did it the second time (consecutive), I downloaded the software again, in case the program on my computer had become corrupted. I did this Friday. It first occurred Monday 08/12/13.
    Last edited by OLSPARKY; 2013-08-19 at 00:54.

And the point it's stuck on,the Downloads.....did you add a Download Directory to the scan?

Question Me too - Spybot S&D +AV 2.1

I have the same issue.

Did a clean install of Spybot S&D +AV 2.1 yesterday (Win7 Ult x64), updated everything from within the program to current and ran a full system scan.

I did not add any of the "preset" download directories, but I did add two separate folders in the Download Directory section to monitor. These two folders are each on different physical HDDs from my OS drive and from each other, if that makes any difference. (OS drive is 256GB SSD; data HDDs are 1TB, 3TB and 4TB models with single partitions; all drives are internally installed in the same tower).

The scan was taking a long time, so I just left it going when I went to bed last night. Woke up to a blank screen. Mouse pointer moved but everything else was frozen. Windows key combos, Alt-Tab, Alt-F4, Ctrl-Atl-Del, Ctrl-Shft-Esc, etc. did nothing. Had to hit the hard reset button on my PC to reboot.

Prior to this, I've never had any problems with Spybot S&D since I starting using it in 2003.

As a test,you might want to temporarily remove those two folders from being scanned,to see if the scan will complete without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    And the point it's stuck on,the Downloads.....did you add a Download Directory to the scan?
    No. (I've not had access to any control on what it does or doesn't scan.)

OK So it sounds like removing the download directory from the "scan list" will fix this. Problem: How?

I don't think this version automatically scans the download directory.I believe it is added manually,so if you did not add one,that ought not to be it.
    You could check out some of the things listed here,and see if anything helps.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ring-the-scan/

The info at the link does not relate to removing the download directory from the "scan list".