Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immunization not completing beta6

Unhappy Immunization not completing beta6

Hi all,

I have 'upgraded' to the latest beta of Spybot S&D, beta6, after a reformat.

I have a problem with the immunization within this program.

I have elevated all instances/shortcuts etc to 'run as administrator' and it is still happening?!?!

Basically "IE 32bit /Software (Domains)" always has 15231 unprotected entries, no matter what I do. Is this a 'bug' with the latest version or is there something else I am missing when doing it?

I am using Win7 64bit Home Premium, KIS2012. All software's up to date.

Any help most welcome and I look forward to your replies.

Hello,

Did you close your browser during the immunization?
    Have you tried to disable KIS during the immunization to see if it's a compatibility issue?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Yes I always close the browser when applying the updates and yes I have tried disabling KIS2012 when applying them also. I have even uninstalled the program and re-installed it.

I am stuck as to what's causing it? :(

Default Spybot 2 Beta 6 Immunization Update Failure?

I am sort of having similar problems with immunization updates as Lynnig.

I'm not sure if I'm updating correctly but I cannot see any change to what is being protected :-

Cookies - 193
    Domains - 15231
    IP's - 36
    Plugins - 895
    Sec. Domains - 15231

No matter what I do these figures never change, there are no unprotected items to immunize after an update there is nothing showing on the progress bar on the update screen.

Any ideas?

do you guys have any Emsisoft Security (e.g. Online Amor) installed or do you use any other 3rd party security-software on the system?

but i guss its a glitch regarding the 64bit Windows u are using. i think spybot immunisation cant handle the 64bit correctly.

Hi,

The only other software's I use are SpywareBlaster and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.

I have used them all for years with no problems. It is only since updating to the latest beta release of Spybot that my trouble has started. Maybe it is an issue with the 64bit Windows software? Spybot 1.6.2 always worked correctly.

Most new PC's are coming with the 64bit version of Windows7 installed on them now a days. I am shocked that there aren't more people noticing this if it is the case?

I may go back to v1.6.2 as my 'paranoid little mind' doesn't like anything 'unprotected'!lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnig View Post
    Hi,

The only other software's I use are SpywareBlaster and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware.
    As MalewareBytes and Emsisoft are simular in some parts, i would suggest to try to deactivate MalewareBytes and also SpywareBlaster and try immunisation again. After u can reactivate both.

@bbnetwork - No difference, still showing the unprotected entries... :(

in the picture it seems, only the 32bit-Version of Internet-Explorer cannot be protected, since all other entrys look protected.
    Can you confirm this?

If yes, as u use a 64bit windows, i would guess, there is simply no 32bit 32bit-Version of Internet-Explorer installed on your machine - thats why it cannot be protected - would be logical, but its only a guess, since i dont use 64bit Windows, i cannot confirm or deny by testing

The 32 vs. 64 bit part is most probably not at fault. 64 bit Windows has a 32 bit IE.

I think there was an issue regarding the IE Domains and Secure Domains immunization, but that should have been fixed in beta 8
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)