Thread: 711 rules??

Exclamation 711 rules??

Hi all,

I've had SSD for over a year, and last time I ran it, it checked against 20,000+ rules, and took about 10 minutes.

Then lately I was encountering the "bad checksum" error when updating, so I decided to reinstall.

(sorry, I can't remember if I had v 1.3 or 1.4 before)

So I installed SSD 1.4, and now there are only 711 rules! Yeah, it runs in just a few seconds but I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of protection

Advice please!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The scan count after the 2005-10-21 updates should be 30611 without usage tracks and 33210 with.

Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > File Sets. You should see a list like the one in the attachment to this post. Make sure that the list is complete.

If the list is complete and the quantities are correct, check everything except the last two items. The last two items are for Usage Tracks and are optional. I personally do not check for UsageTracks.

If the list is incomplete or the counts are incorrect, try downloading and executing the manual update spybotsd_includes.exe file. That file can be downloaded from:
    • Detection updates 2005-10-21 - product description
      md5: md5: 03457D0EADEA2F3B26728EB232587F3B

This updates the detection rules. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

After downloading and before executing the spybotsd_includes.exe file, exit Spybot. After executing it go back into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Settings > File Sets and see if the list is complete.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Yep, my list is the same as yours. *and* now the scan is showing "Running bot-check nn/30611" instead of nn/711 like it did before. Must have been the reboot.

Thanks md usa!