Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Hijacked Permissions

Hi rayben,

You can allow the FWUPDATE.exe prompt to continue. It is looking to check for updates for your cd-rom firmware.

let me know what browser you use so I can help you fix the download issue.

You can save the information on these pages by using your browsers Save as function or by just copying the text on each page. You will however always be able to access this topic, even after it is closed.

Looks like we are all set here, cleanup instructions below.

Congratulations your PC is now feee from infection 8) Follow the below steps to cleanup the tools we have used and tighten your systems security.

Clear infected restore points
    We need to run an OTL Fix
    • Right click OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start the program.
    • Copy and Paste the following code into the textbox. Do not include the word Code
      Code:
      :commands
      [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
      [REBOOT]
    • Then click the Run Fix button at the top.
    • Click .
    • OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked.
    • The report should appear in Notepad after the reboot.Copy and Paste that report in your next reply.

Clean up with OTL
    • Right click OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start the program. This will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
    • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
    • On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
    • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

Additional Security Tips.
    Update your Antivirus programs and other programs regularly.
    Secunia Personal Software Inspector - Copyright © Secunia. This app will monitor programs on your computer for known vulnerabilities. You can set it to auto-update for you, or just prompt you if an update is available. I highly recommend it.
    F-secure Health Check - Copyright © F-Secure Corporation. F-Secure Health Check is a free application that tells you if your computer is protected and helps you fix possible security issues.

Microsoft Windows Update
    Microsoft releases patches for Windows and Office products regularly to patch up Windows and Office products loopholes and fix any bugs found. Install the updates immediately if they are found.
    To update Windows
    Go to Start > All Programs > Windows Update > Check for updates.
    To update Office
    Open up any Office program.
    Go to Help > Check for Updates

Read, stay informed.
    To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read.
    So how did I get infected in the first place?

Please let me know that you completed the cleanup steps. Once I receive your reply, unless there are other malware questions or concerns, I will have this topic closed as resolved.
    Proud Graduate of the MalWare Removal University

Hello,
    I have completed the cleanup steps.
    The cleanup of my computer has been a truly positive experience with you guys.

Thank You Very Much
    rayben

Sorry forgot to post

========== COMMANDS ==========
    Restore point Set: OTL Restore Point
    Error: Unable to interpret <[RE> in the current context!

OTL by OldTimer - Version 3.2.53.0 log created on 07102012_150629

Visiting Fellow

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help.

Note: If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh DDS log and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send me a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.

If you have been helped and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read :
    Your donation helps improving Spybot-S&D!