Thread: no google chrom/chromium integartion and real-time-protection still seems to be gone

Default no google chrom/chromium integartion and real-time-protection still seems to be gone

as mentioned into the rc1-release thread i had to notice, after installing rc1, that the google chrome and chromium integration is still removed as well as now also the opera and firfox -integration is removed! (only ie have a system-integration)
    also the chrom/chromium plugin is gone.
    well now i wonder about 2 things.
    1st: there have been no word, that this is still removed, into the announcement of rc1. - it should have been mentioned.
    2nd: rc1 meens, as u say ur self, almost done, so at all im now a little worryed - will there be no google chrome/chromium and opera and firfox integration into the final also? or will there be a google chrome/chromium plugin and integration as well as the other integrations into final again?

another question is about the background scanner - during the setup it says somewhere "sheduling background scanner" but when the program runs i dont see the background scanner. in the first beta, when a progarm started u have seen it scanning, but now u dont see this.
    means background scanner something else as real-time-protection?
    if so, will there be a real-time-protection in final also?
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2012-07-05 at 13:53.

Hello,

The Chrome plugin and the Live protection were not being offered in the Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 6, neither they are in the RC1.

RC1 is the first Release Candidate and will be expanded. Because of the complexity of the program, we can not publish all at once.
    So we have to set priorities.
    We are currently working on the plugins and our focus is the improvement of the passive safety procedures.

Note:
    Please do not use several places to report bugs (via e-mail and via forum) as this doubles our support time. Thanks.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

better off waiting for a reliable chrome extension that will allow spybot integration with chrome, bbnetwork.

i can live without it...for now.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

The Chrome plugin and the Live protection were not being offered in the Spybot-S&D 2.0 Beta 6, neither they are in the RC1.
    so i only wonder, why its not mentioned into the announcement of rc1, but anyways.
    i hope till final both, the plugins and the sytem-integration for other browser as ie, will be back.
    i think also other browsers and not only the ie, should be supported by a system-integration.