Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Redirect issues & DDS can't be downloaded

Question Panda scan results?

Hello Jack&Jill,

Ummm... What do I do with the 3 issues that the Panda scan found? You never said to let Panda fix those issue.

What's more pressing is why I was infected again SO quickly! There must be a program on my computer that is allowing these infections. What do you think?

I have uninstalled FlashCatch because it was an Add-on as was the YouTube downloader. It was already disabled but..... I'm grasping at straws.

I'm going to surf this morning and see if end up infected again.

All for now,

Jpatrick

Security Expert- Emeritus

Hello jpatrick ,

Reinfection could be caused by bad files that are not seen by the scanners and we did not get all of them, not up to date programs, compromised sites, etc. How are things now?

Thanks for the images, but unfortunately no lead from there.

Of the findings from the Panda ActiveScan, they are harmless. You can delete the first two if you want. The last one is a backup of the previous fix we did.

Smile Update

Hello Jack&Jill,

I haven't had any issues the last 24 hours.... and I've used the computer a lot to give it a good testing.

I did a windows update, since I hadn't done that in a while and as mentioned yesterday I got rid of FlashCatch, an Add-on.

The otl backup of the fix we did yesterday can or cannot be deleted? When I see the file location "virtualstore" I get jittery.

I will say thank you again.... this time much more cautiously. I appreciate your help. I will go back to your post and follow the instructions for getting rid otl & the other programs....... in a FEW DAYS. Just to be safe.

If there is a recurrence of similar issues after this is archived, is there a way to request your help specifically? Since you're familiar with my system and the issues?

Best wishes,

Jpatrick

PS Remember Jack&Jill, if you ever go "up the hill to fetch a pail of water"..... beeee CAREFUL!

Hello jpatrick ,

You are welcome .

Good to hear things are positive so far. I will keep this topic open for a few days.

The OTL backup will be addressed when you click the Cleanup button.

PS Remember Jack&Jill, if you ever go "up the hill to fetch a pail of water"..... beeee CAREFUL!

Smile Looking good!

Hello Jack&Jill,

Three days out & no redirect issues!

Spybot did find a Widgi Toolbar. It fixed 3 issues associated with that. I noted that "Spigot" was in the name of two of the issues that were fixed. Spigot was connected to that YouTube Downloader which I've deleted.

I admit, I've been gun shy..... running scans at the smallest provocation...... they've all been clear for the past three days.

I ran the OTL clean up & it removed RogueKiller & TDSSKiller as well.... that's what it was supposed to do right?

You mentioned "purging system restore" in an earlier post. I've read a little about it, but if you could clarify: Does my creating a new restore point automatically "purge system restore" of the old restore point/s? If not, how do I actually purge system restore.... the link you gave didn't make it clear.... at least I didn't see it.

Thanks,

Jpatrick

Hello jpatrick ,

Glad to hear there is no more problem.

If OTL cleanup took care of the other files, just leave them be.

System restore can be purged by disabling it. That shall delete all the old restore points. The following Vista guide is similar to what you have for Windows 7.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...restore-guide/

As your problems appear to have been resolved, this topic is now closed.

We are glad to be of help. If you are satisfied with our assistance and wish to donate to help with the costs of this volunteer site, please read:
    Your donation helps in improving Spybot-S&D!