Thread: testservantdetect.pl , bot?

Cool testservantdetect.pl , bot?

This mal-page has been coming up the past week without much warning. It will post a fake namebrand anti-virus site and put a fake warning popups.

It says: "Viruses were found on your computer!" and thats what the History title is. Its address is http:/testservantdetect.pl/583.... Is this a bot from Poland?

I last saw it come while viewing my normally- bot-free Wunderground weather site. Don't know if it exists within it.

I constantly update Spybot, and have tried it several times, no threats were listed. Trend Micro did not find anything either. I could erase the cookies, but I thought I'd let Spybot know first.

Mark in Wisconsin, USA

Hello,

Please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)spybot.info.

Although nothing is present after a scan we will be able to locate the threat in your bug report.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Smile thank you

Thank you for the help, Sarah. Didn't even realize there was an Advanced Mode! Did what you said and sent it in, hopefully it will be added to the bot list.

Mark