Thread: Always Opens on System Boot

Default Always Opens on System Boot

Before you tell me to search the forums - I have.

New computer, Win7HP-64, downloaded and installed S&D 7/22/12.
    S&D opens every time the system boots. In settings-automation-system start, BOTH no automation AND automatically run program at system startup radio buttons are selected by default (radio buttons should only allow one selection).

I searched the forums and have tried what I've been able to locate. In particular I've installed and run as Administrator. I've selected the run program once at next system startup radio button and re-booted, then selected the no automation radio button and re-booted again. S&D still opens on boot.

I've had to remove S&D until I can get some guidance as to what may be causing this, and remedy the situation. All help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

Open Spybot in the advanced mode via the menu item mode, go to 'tools'->'System Startup'
    Then mark the following entry and remove it: C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autocheck

If this does not help maybe this is due to the message during the scan "It is recommended that you reboot and scan again to find items that may be uncovered only after a reboot."

Please download a new SpybotSD.exe file here.

Also download a new advcheck.dll here.

Move those two files: SpybotSD.exe and advcheck.dll to your program installation folder, and accept to replace the old ones.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Thanks

I reformatted, reinstalled, etc. and verified your guidance. The suspect folders were no longer there and the issue is resolved.