According to http://forums.spybot.info/downloads.php?id=6 RegAlyzer should work on older OSs back to W95, is this still true? I'm finding the last version that works on W98SE seems to be 1.6.0.12... is this expected? If so, can a note be added to that page about which version is suitable for which older OS?

What I see when I try to use 1.6.2.16 is that trying to expand the "+" to see the contents of either HKLM or HKCU gives an error dialog and will not display them. Also trying to search the entire registry causes an error when it gets to either of these two hives. It does seem to work okay if I avoid these two hives and only browse the contents of other hives, or search other areas.

With 1.6.2.15 I also cannot browse those two hives. But trying to search the entire registry does turn up hits within them. Trying to doubleclick one of those hits to jump to that location causes the same error as trying to open the "+". Other search hits outside these two hives do not have this problem.

With 1.6.1.14 I get an error dialog when I launch the program. If I select to continue the program anyway, it then seems to have the same behavior as 1.6.2.15.

With 1.6.0.12 everything seems to be working okay, although I do wish I could use a newer version that is able to see keys with nulls in them.

So, is all of this normal or expected for W98SE?

Along the path of trying the other versions I also noticed there is a problem with the reported CRC32 hashes on the download page for versions 1.6.2.15 and 1.6.1.14.... can these be fixed? The MD5 and SHA1 hashes look okay though.