Thread: w3i.iq5 virus won't go away

Default w3i.iq5 virus won't go away

Downloaded Spybot, Avg, Have Webroot, Ran Ad Aware, and lastly Malware Bytes. All but Spybot say I have not threats (clean). Spybot found the above but says it cannot clean it. I ran all of these programs from safemode as well as normal Windows mode. Still there. I then tried to manually clean it by deleting files and registry key and the registry keys were already taken care of (by spybot) and found the other files on C:\ drive and deleted them. Virus still there. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-07-30 at 20:41. Reason: Moved from General Hardware

Hello patti370,

If Spybot-S&D has detected items it cannot remove please post the top of the log showing only the items flagged and the version of Spybot.

• Open SpyBot.
    • Check for problems.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Paste (Ctrl+V) those results into this topic

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Unhappy w3i.iq5 virus won't go away

After downloading every malware remover known to man, and running them multipe times in safe mode, every time I pulled a drop down menu and tried to scroll to the bottom it automaticallyl jumps to the top. Doesn't matter which program I'm in. Volume turns up by itself as well. The problem: was a wireless mouse. Turned the mouse off and the issue went away. Go figure! Replaced mouse batteries, used another port, downloaded new driver, no luck. After reading many posts about Logitech wireless mice, it seems to be a known bug. Hope this helps someone else.
    Last edited by patti370; 2012-07-31 at 15:58.

Hello patti370,

Thank you for letting us know but what is the connection between the mouse and the original issue, "w3i.iq5 virus won't go away"?

Quote Originally Posted by patti370 View Post
    All but Spybot say I have not threats (clean). Spybot found the above but says it cannot clean it.
    Best regards.

spybot found that virus and said it could not clean it...I associated the crazy behavior of the drop down lists (scrolling all by themselves or not letting you scroll down the list) to that virus.

Between the multiple virus and malware programs I downloaded, my virus eventually got cleaned but my dropdown lists were still all crazy. Did not know that wasn't the virus.

Hi patti370,
    Quote Originally Posted by patti370 View Post
    Between the multiple virus and malware programs I downloaded, my virus eventually got cleaned but my dropdown lists were still all crazy. Did not know that wasn't the virus.
    Just an FYI. Some malware removal tools should be used only under the supervision of someone trained in their use.

To do otherwise can create chaos.