Thread: "Dysdyn.com" and spybot URL spoofing warning...please help

Default "Dysdyn.com" and spybot URL spoofing warning...please help

I get a spybot popup box warning on almost every google search I do. It says "Possibly malicious URL or cookie detected!" That warning box looks legitimate, but I have no clue.

It gives the location as http/:www.google.com (then fill in the blank on the description)

It then states "Identified as: Possible URL Spoofing (Unicode)".

Some fake web protection service called "dys dyn", or something to that effect, then occasionally pops up to block a website.

Thanks,

Tony

Default Additional information

I also got the following email from PayPal, but don't know if it's legitimate. I think my wife has a paypal account...

If it's related, I would appreciate any advice. I haven't clicked the link that was provided in the email).

"Problem with your PayPal account
    We recently reviewed your account and suspect that your PayPal account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account and of the PayPal network is our primary concern therefore we have temporarily limited access to sensitive PayPal account features.

To restore your account access please take the following steps to ensure that your account has not been compromised:

1. Confirm your identity by completing the account verification process.

2. Click the "Confirm" button at the bottom of this page. You will be taken to the Data Security and Encryption page.

3. Login to your PayPal account and review your recent account history for any unauthorized payments sent or received and check your account profile to make sure no changes have been made. If any unauthorized activity has taken place on your account report this to PayPal immediately.

To get started please click the "Get Started" link below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal system. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Thank you for using PayPal!
    PayPal Support"

Hello Anthony1963,

In case you missed it please see the FAQ which also includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS and aswMBR logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the DDS and aswMBR logs as shown in that sticky with a link back to this thread and a volunteer analyst will advise you when available.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016