Thread: Mozilla Web Redirect Message

Question Mozilla Web Redirect Message

Hi,

Last week I opened a thread concerning a trojan infestation on my computer; http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...592#post429592 the problem appears to be solved and I thank the techs in this forum for their help. I have a question to ask about Mozilla Firefox re-directs. I notice that when I click on a link via the search engines while using Firefox, I occassionally get a message "Mozilla has prevented this page from re-directing to another website." For example when using duckduckgo to search for recipes, I clicked on a cooking site and received the message. It happened again when using Bing to arrive at the same cooking site.

I actually had that message pop up for months now; I would simply click on the tiny "x" in that grey area and continue reading on the site that I intended, but after the problem last week I'm paying more attention to my computer now. So my questions are:

1.) Is it common for Firefox to display this message on websites?

2.) Does it mean that my computer is infected?

Thank you.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-08-14 at 19:49. Reason: Added link to previous topic

Emeritus

Hi,

If I am understanding your problem correctly we may just need to change a setting on Firefox to remedy this.

Go to Firefox Tools > options > advanced > general... then uncheck "Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page".

Does that help?
    --------------------

I would also advise you to read this >> http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...50&postcount=2

Please back up your registry!
    Download ERUNT The Emergency Recovery Utility NT Registry Backup and Restore for Windows NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista
    NOTE: Installing ERUNT may also install the "registry optimization tool" "NTREGOPT" by default. Please do NOT run NTREGOPT.

Registry Cleaners, not recommended

Save ERUNT to your desktop. Run and install this program.
    In the box that opens ONLY choose "System registry"
    Click OK.
    Click save and then go to File > Exit.
    This is so the registry can be restored to this point if we need it.
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Thank you for responding to my questions. Based on what you posted, in this particular case the re-directs are NOT malware related?

I've got ERUNT saved to my desktop, I'll use refer to the suggestion and thread that you posted and run the program every two weeks. I'll also be sure to come back to spybot if I have other malware problems on my computer.

Emeritus

Based on what you posted, in this particular case the re-directs are NOT malware related?
    It does not seem that way from what you are explaining. When you followed my instructions to change the Firefox settings, did that help?

Emeritus

Emeritus

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance.

If you are the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.