Thread: Spybot Immunization does not complete

Default Spybot Immunization does not complete

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum but not new to Spybot. I hope that you can help me and that I have placed this issue in the proper place. Thanks in advance.

Spybot states that "O" "Unprotected" yet 340,116 "Protected" and 340,309 "Total" is off by 193 points and does not complete. Seems as if Opera is the issue. There is "O" in the "Unprotected" column, "O" in "Protected" column and 193 in "Total" column. It is Opera 7+ (12.1.1532.0) on the cookies line. Plugins and Content seems to be fine. Their numbers show up in "Protected" and "Total."

MY Unit is:
    IBM X30
    WinXP Service Pack 3
    764 MB of Ram
    40 GB HD
    Comodo Firewall
    Avast (Free)
    Superantispyware
    Winpatrol
    Malwarebytes

Ran Malwarebytes and Superantispyware today. Ran Avast Sunday. Malware detected with Avast and removed although it may have been false positive. No malware detected with Malwarebytes (Full Scan) and Superantispyware did not detect any malware.
    Last edited by DeeMal; 2012-08-17 at 03:25.

Hello,

This seems to be a common problem where no solution is present at the moment. With the new version Opera has made some changes, that affect the immunization. Please deactivate the cookie immunization of Spybot-S&D, to complete the immunization. Please note that after undoing the immunization of Opera 10 a re-immunization of Opera 10 currently may not be possible, even if Spybot-S&D shows a success.
    We are working on this item to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for your prompt reply and everything that spybot does for us. I hope to make donations to spybot when business picks up. I am currently using Opera 12.x. Does this apply to this version as well?

If at all possible, I would like a senior member here to confirm or answer my last question. Is this issue also present in Opera 12? I find this odd because I use Opera on a Windows 7 machine along with Opera 12 and Spybot and there is not an issue there at all. The next time I am over my mother's house I will check her computer to make sure that there isn't but I am sure that it completes immunization without an issue on her machine. In fact, she has an XP machine in which this does not occur as well, to the best of my knowledge.

I will check both.

I remember having some immunization issues with Opera some time ago, I don't remember what I did but the problem got solved. With the later versions of Opera (11.xx and 12.xx), I have not had any issues with immunization. I just have to remember re-immunize every time I've updated Opera.

(Windows XP.)
    Last edited by Lancelot; 2012-09-02 at 06:16.

Thanks. I have just unselected Opera when I immunize and it finishes. I don't like the idea that I have to do that in order for it to work but that is life.