Thread: Need info on posible false positive

Default Need info on posible false positive

I have a new computer using windows 7.The day i received i i installed spybot version 1,6.2.46.when i ran a scan and checked start up everything was normal.After a few hours i wanted to disable some items and went back to startup page.It showed an entry for HK_LM RUN(Current system)with the rest of the line blank and the following info for paul collins start up list showing it to be various kinds of trojans and worms.I did a complete scan on the computer including sending the scans to dsl reports so someone could check them all of experts said computer was clean and it was a annomoly.I had this same problem on a vista machine and again it was classified as a false positive.Any info would be appreciated

Hello chans,

This forum: How to report Possible False Positives However, to clarify it appears you are speaking of an entry in Paul Collins Start Ups?
    Quote Originally Posted by chans View Post
    I have a new computer using windows 7.The day i received i i installed spybot version 1,6.2.46.when i ran a scan and checked start up everything was normal.
    After a few hours i wanted to disable some items and went back to startup page.It showed an entry for HK_LM RUN(Current system)with the rest of the line blank and the following info for paul collins start up list showing it to be various kinds of trojans and worms.
    I did a complete scan on the computer including sending the scans to dsl reports so someone could check them all of experts said computer was clean and it was a annomoly.I had this same problem on a vista machine and again it was classified as a false positive.
    Please provide a link to your topic.

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-09-22 at 18:20. Reason: Correction
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016