Thread: Unprotected files

Default Unprotected files

After running Spybot as I do regularly, it finished up with an abnormal 6,000+ unprotected files, which I was unable to fix . Spybot suggested Teatimer should have protected them, but there was only one error to be fixed which I did. I am concerned because it happened again, after I ran Spybot before using the computer. The only thing bothering me has been a number of returned emails, none of which I have sent. I have sent very few emails during the time they have been coming, but they have all arrived safely. I ran Pro Avast, also Anti-Malaware and found one malaware. So I am open to suggestions, please.
    Many thanks,
    rwphood.
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-09-25 at 16:01. Reason: Moved from General Security Alerts

Hello,

So by unprotected files you do mean the immunization?
    The immunization has nothing to do with a usual scan done by Spybot-S&D.
    That are two complete different modules.
    So please describe your problem a little more detailed.
    Thanks.

Further Spybot-S&D has no effect on the mail system at all - as this is a complete different sector. Our software is designed to find/remove spyware, malware, adware, trojans, hijackers, keyloggers and rootkits.
    I would recommend to set your spam filter higher or to change your e-mail provider or to search for an anti-virus software that covers this issue.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot