Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Babylon

Default Remove Babylon

Please include removal of babylon..

Hello,

We have Babylon in our detections and Spybot-S&D should remove it.
    Did you open Spybot with a right click and choose "run as administrator/take ownership"?

A scan in safe mode should also help.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by romeogaspar View Post
    Please include removal of babylon..
    agree with it bro., seconded.,

I am still having problems. It is still in memory in safe mode when I run it as an admin. It always finds it but can not delete it.

Hello,

Please send us a complete bug report. In order to do so, please run Spybot - Search & Destroy and switch to Advanced Mode via the menu item Mode, let it scan, try to fix the problems (!) and then go to "Tools" --> "View Report". Tick all the 10 checkboxes (leave "Do not report disabled or known legitimate items" unchecked) you can find there and click on "View Report". Now choose "Export" and save the file to your desktop. Please attach this file to your email and send it again to detections(at)spybot.info.

Although nothing is present after a scan we will be able to locate the threat in your bug report.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Babylon

I didn't see the small print that was sneaked next to a download button on what I thought to be a reputable website, and managed to get "babylon toolbar", using Firefox 15.0.1 and Windows XP SP3 on an AcerAspire 1362 Laptop. Spybot has successfully purged five of the six HKEY.. entries but can't fix the sixth. In both normal and safe mode, Spybot thinks the HKEY is still in use.
    Any suggestions?
    You asked a previous contributor to send a bug report; is there any point in my sending one, or is it being fixed?
    Last edited by WGCman; 2012-10-10 at 10:32.

Hello,

You can also send your report.
    Please make sure you have run Spybot-S&D as administrator before and that you did a scan in safe mode.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Remove Babylon

I too have the Babylon.Toolbar adware left on my computer. Same as "WCGman" post 5 out of 6 entries were removed successfully but left with one apparently corrupt Registry key which refuses to be cleared. A window states that it could not be removed as associated files may still be in use in the memory. This problem does not show up when scanned by Malwarebytes or Kapersky 2012. I have already, before reading this thread, started spy-bot in safe mode which also does not pick up the problem. On my computer in normal scan it is picked up.

Hello,

I would recommend to send also your bug report.
    Please make sure that you close all programs during the scan with Spybot-S&D, especially your browser(s).

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Remove Babylon

Hi Sandra,Thanks for your reply. Have sent two reports to "detections (at)spybot" One normal scan which finds the infection and one done in safe mode which does not find it. Not sure if you require the reports also, but I have attatched them in one zip folder (I think) with this message.