Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting An "Framedyn.dll" Error. What Is This?

Okay I did a search and framedyn.dll does not exist on my computer any where

BTW thanks for the help.

Esteemed Member

Does the folder C:\Windows\System32\wbem exist and are there files in it?

Have you ever followed any instructions to remove something called 'Windows Management Instrumentation'? Some twaek sites are known to recommend the removal of WMI for 'security' reasons, which is a bad idea.

Bitman

Wbem still exists and has two folders in it. One called snmp and another called xml. Both are empty. No I haven't done anything to WMI, at least not that I am aware of. If I'm installing or tweaking and it asks me to delete or remove something I don't know what is I stop whatever it is I'm doing.

Default Same Problem, I'm watching for your solution

I also have the same problem. Mine started about a week ago when I removed some nasty called WinAntiVirusPro and things really got hosed up. I finally had to revert to an earlier Norton Ghost image, which I thought fixed the problem. However, this Framedyn.dll trouble is back. I did save and restore "My Documents", my web site (which I keep on the 'C' drive) and also "My Desktop" after doing the Ghost restoral.

Right after the restoral, when I ran AdawareSE (I run this in addition to Spybot), the WinAntiVirusPro was again found. I again deleted it and had no other symptoms until today. Everything, including Spybot and the 'properties' function of 'My Computer' were working fine. All of a sudden, Spybot is balking upon opening due to this missing .dll file, and "My Computer / properties" is not working again. I also have tried finding the framedyn.dll file in the %systemroot%\system32\dllcache and it is not there.

Where do we go from here???

Thanks,
    Ken

Lightbulb framedyn.dll PROBLEM FIXED! :=)

Hey guys i had the same problem occur with the my computer system properties and loading spybot with the error message cannot find framedyn.dll. Who knows how it originally occured but likely from a antivirus program like antivir guard which i have that i believe probably caused it. I was following everything else that was posted to try to resolve the issue but was ending up in the end with the same problem still. There was something missing that i tried which fixed it. If you still need help on resolving the issue feel free to let me know and i will post the directions to take care of it.

Lightbulb framedyn.dll PROBLEM FIXED! :=)

Hey guys i had the same problem occur with the my computer system properties and loading spybot with the error message cannot find framedyn.dll. Who knows how it originally occured but likely from a antivirus program like antivir guard which i have that i believe probably caused it. I was following everything else that was posted to try to resolve the issue but was ending up in the end with the same problem still. There was something missing that i tried which fixed it. If you still need help on resolving the issue feel free to let me know and i will post the directions to take care of it.

This is hereby a notification that I still have the problem. Please post away.

Post framedyn.dll error message FIX

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type %systemroot%\system32\dllcache, and then click OK.

In that folder that opens up look to see if you have a file named "framedyn.dll" If you dont then you need to download it first by going to this site http://www.driverskit.com/dll/framedyn.dll/852.html and downloading it. In the middle of the screen there is a blue link that sais "framedyn.dll Download" in blue text click on it and it will say that its extracting the file. Wait until it is finished and it will give you the option to save it to your hard drive. Do so and then after the file is done downloading to the location you have it set to download it to drag that file into the folder called "dllcache" that is the one that opens up after you completed step 2 above.

3. Right-click framedyn.dll, and then click Copy on the shortcut menu that appears.
    4. Click Start, and then click Run.
    5. In the Open box, type %systemroot%\system32\wbem, and then click OK.
    6. On the Edit menu, click Paste. If you are prompted to replace the existing file, click Yes.

P.S dont worry about the folders snmp and xml having nothing in them because mine doens't either. The new file you just pasted should be on the outside of these 2 folders showing them with the new framedn.dll file you just pasted there.

This i hope is the end of your problems as it was mine. Let me know how things go and if this corrects your problem. if your still having problems let me know and i will check back later today sometime.
    Last edited by eekamouse; 2006-09-20 at 16:05.

Esteemed Member

Replacing only the Framedyn.dll file will stop the error message when Spybot loads, but won't fix the underlying problem. Since these files relate to Windows Restore and the saving of Restore Points this system is probably crippled. There are also other Security related applications that may fail to operate with these files missing.

Here's a link to Repairing and re-registering the WMI, which should help with the issue.

Bitman

Okay, I got the Framedyn.dll file and no longer get that alert. Tomorrow I'm going to run the WMI diagnostic.

Thanks eekamouse, and Bitman.