Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Getting An "Framedyn.dll" Error. What Is This?

Talking

Fix worked for me thanks guys

Cool Other FIX

I discovered this while tinkering one night. THIS IS FOR THE SPYBOT MISSING FRAMEDYN.DLL ONLY! THIS WILL NOT FIX UR SYSTEM PROPERTIES ISSUE! Anyway the fix is make sure its in ur wbem folder. Doesnt have to be in ur dllcache folder. Anyway copy and paste the framedyn.dll file into ur spybot folder. That should do it! CASE CLOSED!

Esteemed Member

No stormybob, that's incorrect. If you do that you will stop the message but still not fix the core issue, which is that your search Path is not operating correctly.

This is quite simple to fix as the earlier posts have discussed and will also fix other issues that exist on the PC that you are not aware of that are also related to the Path.

Bitman

I also have this probelm,I use ................ ,it is fine now.recommend it to you.

Edit- Removed link -Admin

Exclamation

Please read THIS article on Registry Cleaners and why we DON'T recommend them.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Just had this problem occur this evening and thanks to the great information here I already have it solved. I did come across something and I don't know if it makes any difference or not but I'll just throw it out here.
    Within the Spybot help file there is a link to download the framedyn.dll file. This takes you to a page where you may indeed get the file. However the version of the file is much older than the one that was in my .dll cache.
    My version being 5.1.2600.2180 and 181 KB and version on that site was 5.1.2600.0 and 170 KB
    I went ahead and used my file from my .dll cache and followed the rest of the instructions and all is now well.
    Thanks very much for all the information and help.
    Happiness is a working computer!

Smile Framedyn.dll error message

Hi, I read all the "solutions" and tips, even from MS; the only solution to avoid this error message and it worked in my case is to add Framedyn.dll in the Spybot Programm !
    That's the easiest way...
    Kind regards and thanks to "Spybot" for this fantastic programm !

Esteemed Member

F-AVRO75,

That is not the correct way to fix the issue, though it does work.

The correct way is mentioned multiple times in this thread and requires that you fix the 'broken' entry in your Path variable. Though it may appear to be correct in some cases, it isn't and can be fixed by the method given in one of my earlier posts. The other possibility is that your WMI installation is damaged, which is even worse since it is then likely that Windows System Restore is non-functional.

The issue is that if the file is ever updated by Microsoft in the future, your older copy in the Spybot S&D folder will not be which might cause issues with the operation of your PC.

What you have done is a 'hack' that stops the message from displaying, but doesn't really fix anything.

Bitman

i got this error today, and whilst i had the .dll in my wbem folder it wasn't in my dllcache, so i copied it into there and still same error. so i followed the fix to change the path and that worked, seems a program i installed changed the path

Hello roguez,

This thread was started in 2005, which version of Spybot-S&D are you running?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016