Thread: Spybot crash at startup & Business installation

Question Spybot crash at startup & Business installation

I've got a couple of problems with Spybot, on separate computers.

On this one: The program (2.0) worked fine when I installed it, but lately I've been getting a "Procedure Entry Point not found" error when I try to start it up, regardless of whether it's an automatic startup with Windows or if I try to start it or the updater manually. Haven't seen any documentation about this - how do I fix it?
    (Windows 7 32-bit, Dell Precision 470)

On another system: I was helping out a friend by installing some security software on her computer, but when I installed and tried to run Spybot, it gave me an error like "your business subscription has expired." Apparently it was previously installed with the paid version for some reason. It's a personal-use-only system, so how would I disable this "business mode" and enable basic home access as usual?
    (Windows XP 32-bit, Toshiba laptop)
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-09-27 at 18:39. Reason: Moved from 1.6.2 forum to 2.0 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by KellyPCorc View Post
    On this one: The program (2.0) worked fine when I installed it, but lately I've been getting a "Procedure Entry Point not found" error when I try to start it up, regardless of whether it's an automatic startup with Windows or if I try to start it or the updater manually. Haven't seen any documentation about this - how do I fix it?
    (Windows 7 32-bit, Dell Precision 470)
    Which version of 2.0 did you install, the beta or release candidate?

Both are in testing and at this time do not replace the stable version 1.6.2

Quote Originally Posted by KellyPCorc View Post
    Apparently it was previously installed with the paid version for some reason.
    "paid version", please give more details.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

The version I have is the release candidate... but I suppose if it's not a stable release, I can stick with 1.6.2.

Unfortunately, I have no more details to give about the "paid version." I install the program on the computer (I don't recall it even asking if I was using the free version or using a license), and when I try to run it, it tells me the subscription has expired, and refuses to run. Then again, that too was 2.0. Maybe you just answered both questions!