Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Win32.agent.adb and others...

I got Firefox running again by doing a clean reinstall, although the crashing hasn't stopped...

Do you have any idea what could be causing the hardware issue? I already replaced the old drive, both drives should be new and healthy. Could it be the video card? I have no idea where to start with looking for a hardware problem...

Hi pikpik:

In my opinion, the blue screen was caused by the video card driver and hardisk. Because after you restore the driver, the blue screen seem stop.

However, your firefox problem is unexpected. I am not sure what cause it, since you said only happen in firefox.

Then, the MBAM fail during scanning the Windows Font folder but other scanner can run without problem. May be you can try to uninstall it and download and run the latest MBAM (just run the normal free version but not the trial or beta version).

I don't think you still having any malware detection, am I right?

thanks,
    torreattack
    Graduate of Malware Removal University, - You too could train to help others

I wonder if it is the video card... I'd hate to replace it, but it seems like a lot of things are pointing at it.

I'll try uninstalling MBAM and reinstalling it, maybe that'll clear it up. But as far as I can tell, I haven't gotten any other malware positives. For the past day or so it's seemed to behave itself, although the last bluescreens I got a few days ago mentioned IRQL and a page fault in a non-paged area... not sure why they happened.

Hi pikpik:

1. The latest blue screen code point to hardware, you may better double check with other expert before you replace it.

I suggest you try a PC troubleshooting forum. These sites have a variety of experts, that are better equipped to investigate and resolve these kinds of issues.
    Registration is free, it only takes a few minutes.
    Malwaremoval forum
    The Elder Geek on Windows
    BleepingComputer.com
    WhattheTech...formerly TomCoyote

2. This is my general post for when your logs show no more signs of malware.

Please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:

Time for some housekeeping
    • Click on Start >> Run...
    • Now type in ComboFix /Uninstall into the box and click OK.
    • Note the space between the X and the /Uninstall, it needs to be there.

The above procedure will reset your System Restore and clear out the backups and quarantines created during the course of this fix.

Next

OTL fix
    Please make sure OTL.exe is on your Desktop.
    Important! Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop
    • Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
    • Copy the following text... do not include the quote box title "Quote'
      :Commands
      [EmptyTemp]
      [ClearAllRestorePoints]
    • Click under the Custom Scan/Fixes box and paste the copied text.
    • Click the Run Fix button. If prompted... click OK.
    • Let the program run unhindered and reboot. You will get a fix log when it is done, just close the log.

Clean up with OTL
    • Double click OTL.exe to run it.
    • This tool will remove all the tools we used to clean your pc.
    • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
    • On the OTL main screen, press the CleanUp! button
    • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.

You can now delete any tools or logs we used if they remain on your Desktop.

Re-enable Protection Programs
    Don't forget to re-enable any protection programs we disabled during your fix.

Update your programs regularly
    Update your Antivirus programs and other security products regularly to avoid new threats that could infect your system.
    You can use one of these sites to check if any updates are needed for your pc.
    Secunia Software Inspector
    F-secure Health Check

Read - stay informed.
    To help minimize the chances of becoming re-infected, please read.
    Computer Security - a short guide to staying safer online

If your computer is running slowly after your clean up, please read.
    What to do if your Computer is running slowly

I would be grateful if you could reply to this post so that I know you have read it and, if you've no other questions, the thread can be closed.

Happy surfing!

thanks
    torreattack
    Graduate of Malware Removal University, - You too could train to help others

Another bluescreen today that pointed at ati3duag.dll, so again I'm wondering if it is video card related. How frustrating... I'll look into the other sites you mentioned though. Thanks for your help!