Thread: Startup Repair issue.

Default Startup Repair issue.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if this is even something someone can help me out with but My Toshiba laptop computer had an issue where it was freezing once and a while while I was on the internet. Finally, it blue screened and the computer went black. Now when I startup I have two options, Start system normally or system repair. When I choose system normally it has the windows loading screen then does nothing and reboots contuinuisly. When I choose Startup repair it says "windows is loading files" then it goes black and nothing ever happens. I downloaded the avg rescue disc, burnt it and tried to boot it on the computer and all that was showing up was a "_" on a black screen. I used their free support and was told that was a clear indication of the corruption of an operating system file.
    I would be happy to restore it to factory defaults but I don't know if I even can at this point. Any help would be appreciated, also sorry if this isn't the right spot as I don't think it had to do with spyware but possibly a virus.
    THANK YOU!!
    Pat

Hello PConnolly346,

Might be best to start a new topic at a tech site, such as the Notebooks forum at whatthetech.

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016