Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spybot-S&D 2.0 RC3 release thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Spybot-S&D 2.0 RC3 release thread

Spybot-S&D 2.0 RC3 just got released!

See our official release announcement for more details and download links.

Please help with testing so Spybot-S&D 2.0 final will be rock stable.

You may use this thread for general comments about the second release candidate, please open new threads if you like to discuss specific issues.

daemon

Nice! Will test it out and report any bugs I find, if I find any at all.

At first,I am grateful for the hard work with the new RC release.However,I might run into a bug with the update. When I performed check status,it showed that there were 4 components in need of update.Then I click update icon to carry out the update,a bad things happened---the update prompt window kept searching for the updates file without any progress of download.With suspicion,I checked out the update log:
    SDUpdate.exe [2012-10-26 21:54:34] Includes\AdvWhite.sbs is missing and will be installed on next update.
    SDUpdate.exe [2012-10-26 21:54:34] Includes\CLSIDs.sbs (version 20070723) needs to be updated.
    SDUpdate.exe [2012-10-26 21:54:35] Includes\Tracks.sbi is missing and will be installed on next update.
    SDUpdate.exe [2012-10-26 21:54:35] Includes\Tracks.uti (version 20050217) needs to be updated.

I'm seeing the same as super0zero. This is when using Spybot as a user and administrator.

In addition, the update just kept running, and the only way to close the window was to end the task in Task Manager.

Running the update from the command line, i.e. SDUpdate.exe /autoupdate just runs the check for new signatures, but doesn't actually update anything. This means that a scheduled update won't do anything.

In addition, the update just kept running, and the only way to close the window was to end the task in Task Manager.
    YES,the update window is frozen and the only way to close it is to bring up Task Manager

Hi there,

Thank you for reporting any issues which will be addressed after the weekend.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default 2.0 rc3

Just tried to install it and when it tries to add reg. entries i get errors. code 5, access denied. I have to abort and it rollsback.

I tried to install in safe mode same thing, i just rebooted without aborting and it seems to have installed. it did some updating, i will take for a spin and see.

its scanning

oh ya uac was off and i was trying to install run as admin.

Default 2.0rc3

It seems to be working ok now, not sure why my system had trouble with the install, at surface seems ok. win 7 Home P 32 older system, I core2 4400 2.0 GHz. Canada.

Hello,

Did the includes files update over the weekend?
    Or is the issue the same?

Best reargds
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

Did the includes files update over the weekend?
    Or is the issue the same?

Best reargds
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    no, 2 of the includes files are invalid (still) and dont get updated, because the update-windows is getting frozen and u need to exit it with task-manager!